EmployerMO JO Garden Centre
Date PostedNovember 16, 2022
Location Parkland, AB
Earnings $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 16, 2022
MO JO Garden Centre
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Floriculture production
- At heights
- Confined spaces
- Cleaning crop
- Greenhouse cleaning
- Hand harvesting vegetables
- Harvesting seedlings
- Vegetable culling
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Assist in pruning trees, shrubs and plants
- Mix and prepare soils
- Plant bulbs and seeds
- Pot and re-pot plants
- Transplant seedlings or rooted cuttings
- Report signs of insect or disease damage
- Assist in grafting activities
- Dig up wrapping rootballs of trees and shrubs
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Clean work area
Type of product
- Coniferous trees
- Deciduous trees
- Native plants
- Bedding plants
- Berry bushes
- Bonsai plants
- Christmas trees
- Fruit trees
- Ornamental trees, shrubs and hedges
- Seasonal plants
- Tropical plants
Type of crops
- Bell peppers
- Greenhouse tomatoes
- Greenhouse vegetables
- Seed corn
- Sweet corn
Security and safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Travel expenses not paid by employer
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 year to less than 2 years
Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking to provide information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns; and in maintaining inventory and order materials
Interest in operating equipment to spray against disease and pests; and in positioning and regulating greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems; may operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest and spray
Interest in comparing information to prepare soil and plant bulbs, seeds and cuttings; and in grafting and budding plants and in transplanting seedlings and rooted cuttings
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.