Grounds Maintenance Worker
EmployerAlcop Resource Recycling Inc.
Date PostedSeptember 09, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Oct 09, 2022
Alcop Resource Recycling Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Cut grass
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Apply fertilizers
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.