Date PostedJanuary 09, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $22.00 to $27.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 05, 2023
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Hire, supervise and schedule staff
- Plan and direct grounds maintenance
- Organize and direct planting of trees, gardens and lawns
- Plan and estimate labour and materials
- Organize and direct construction of fences, decks and walls
- Plan, manage and supervise landscape construction work
- Maintain work records and logs
- Tender and administer contracts
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Resolve work related problems
Equipment and machinery experience
- Chain saw
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Sod cutter
- Tractor mower
Area of specialization
- Lawn care
- Tree service
- Grounds maintenance
- Landscape construction
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Experience an asset
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge
On the road job
- Mileage paid
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising and hiring staff; and in controlling the operations of maintenance services
Interest in organizing and directing the planting and maintenance of trees, gardens, lawns, shrubs and hedges, and the construction and installation of fences, decks, patios, walkways and retaining walls
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan and estimate the materials and labour requirements for contracts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.