There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Date PostedMay 15, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 25, 2023
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- At heights
- Urban area
- Landscape contractor
- Various locations
- Landscape maintenance
- On-site customer service
- Assist with landscape constructions
- Weed, prune and trim trees and plants
- Cut grass
- Rake and collect refuse
- Remove litter and garbage
- Cart and spread topsoil and other materials
- Lay sod or seed
- Plant bulbs, flowers, shrubs and trees
- Apply fertilizers
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Operate and maintain landscape maintenance equipment
Equipment and machinery experience
- Pick-up truck
- Small engine equipment
- Sod cutter
- Tractor mower
- Weed trimmer/edger
Area of work experience
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Cellular phone
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Experience an asset
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge
On the road job
- Mileage paid
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in spraying and dusting as directed to control insects and diseases and in performing other manual duties to clean and maintain landscaped environments
Interest in operating power mowers, tractors, snowblowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, pruning saws and other equipment
Interest in comparing information to spread top soil, lay sod and plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and in performing other duties to assist with the construction of landscapes and related structures
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.