Guest Services Agent - Hotel
EmployerQuality Inn and Conference Centre
Date PostedSeptember 14, 2021
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 28, 2021
Quality Inn and Conference Centre
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
Hotel, motel, resort
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Exchange foreign currency
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Handle wake-up calls
- Provide customer service
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Sep 28, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to provide information and respond to guests' complaints
Interest in compiling information for preparing and checking daily record sheets, guests' accounts, receipts and vouchers
Interest in operating computerized and manual systems to collect and verify guests' accounts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.