Posted on Oct 15, 2020 by London Hair Salon
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $18.20 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 32 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Nov 14, 2020
London Hair Salon
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Hair Colouring Techniques
Hair Styling Techniques
- Iron waving/curling
- Roller setting
- Pin curls
- Blow drying
- Hair braiding
2 years to less than 3 years
- Shampoo customers' hair
- Perform receptionist duties
- Book appointments
Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
Security and Safety
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
Barber Specific Skills
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
5809 Macleod Trail SW suite #102
Calgary, Alberta T2H0J9
Nov 14, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to provide basic treatment and advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
Interest in manipulating combs, scissors, clippers, brushes and other devices to cut and style hair
Interest in serving clients by cutting and styling hair and performing related services; may train and supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.