Posted on Nov 14, 2020 by MR. AND MRS. BARBER SHOP LTD.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $15.00 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 34 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 14, 2020
MR. AND MRS. BARBER SHOP LTD.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Panjabi; Punjabi
Hair Colouring Techniques
Hair Styling Techniques
- Iron waving/curling
- Roller setting
- Pin curls
- Blow drying
- Hair braiding
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Hairstylist Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Supervise other hair stylists and other staff
- Shampoo customers' hair
- Maintain and order supplies
- Book appointments
Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Suggest hair style compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply hair extensions
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
Barber Specific Skills
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 14, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to provide basic treatment and advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
Interest in manipulating combs, scissors, clippers, brushes and other devices to cut and style hair
Interest in serving clients by cutting and styling hair and performing related services; may train and supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.