EmployerJasper Brewpub Inc.
Date PostedNovember 19, 2021
Location Jasper, AB
Earnings $18.50 to $30.60 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 19, 2021
Jasper Brewpub Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Cook Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Ranks of Chefs
Chefs and Specialist Chefs Specific Skills
- Create new recipes
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
Executive Chefs Specific Skills
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
Group Insurance Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
624 Connaught Drive
Jasper, Alberta T0E1E0
Dec 19, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.