There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerSimply Irie Caribbean Cuisine
Date PostedMay 09, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 08, 2023
Simply Irie Caribbean Cuisine
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
Ranks of chefs
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff
- Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
- Create new recipes
- Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets
- Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
- Consult with clients regarding weddings, banquets and specialty functions
- Estimate food requirements and food and labour costs
- Plan menus and ensure food meets quality standards
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Recruit and hire staff
- Supervise activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Cook Trade Certification
- Certified chef de cuisine (CCC)
- Safe Food Handling certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Food Safety Certificate
Caribbean and Latin American cuisine
- Bakery goods and desserts
- Cereals, grains and pulses
- Cold kitchen
- Eggs and dairy
- Fish and seafood
- Meat, poultry and game
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
5 years or more
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising` the activities of sous-chefs, specialist chefs, chefs and cooks; and in recruiting and hiring staff
Interest in co-ordinating information to ensure food meets quality standards; may prepare and cook food on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
Interest in planning menus
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.