Health And Safety Officer
EmployerTown of Peace River
Date PostedNovember 22, 2022
Location Peace River, AB
Earnings $71,136.00 to $78,722.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 22, 2022
Town of Peace River
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
- or equivalent experience
- Municipal government
- Office building
- Provide information/training to employers, employees and general public
- Inspect spills of hazardous chemicals or products
- Inspect workplaces for safety or health hazards
- Investigate workplace accidents or illnesses
- Develop and implement health and safety plans
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Report and document investigations and conclusions/recommendations
- Prepare draft investigative reports of findings
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Association for Canadian Registered Safety Professionals Certification
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) program
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- Microsoft Publisher
Type of inspection and investigation
- Work related accidents
Area of work experience
- Policy development
- Occupational health and safety
Security and safety
Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Pension plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Travel insurance
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in handling materials to collect water samples and other materials for analyses; and to develop, implement and evaluate health and safety programs and strategies
Interest in analyzing data from investigations of health and safety related complaints, spills of hazardous chemicals, outbreaks of diseases and poisonings and from workplace accidents and illnesses
Interest in speaking with employers, employees and the general public to deliver training and advise on public health, environmental protection and workplace safety issues; and in initiating enforcement procedures to fine or to close establishments that contravene municipal, provincial and federal regulations
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.