Health Care Aide
EmployerHalo Home & Health Care Services
Date PostedNovember 19, 2022
LanguagesEnglish or French
Location Red Deer, AB
Earnings $24.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 44 hours per week
Position Temporary Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 6  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 21, 2022
Halo Home & Health Care Services
English or French
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
- Home care and visiting care agency
- Remote location
- Rural area
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Physician's office
- Hospital or home for the aged
- Hospital/medical facility or clinic
- Nursing home/home for the aged
- Public or community health centre
- Rehabilitation centre and special health institution
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Answer call signals
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing operative areas
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Drug test
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis test
- Valid driver's licence
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
1 year to less than 2 years
Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
Remote work available
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
Free parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting hospital staff by carrying messages, reports, requisitions and specimens from one department to another; in providing comfort to patients by answering call signals, making beds and maintaining patients' rooms; in assisting patients with menu selection; and in setting-up and providing leisure activities for patients, and accompanying patients on outside recreational activities
Interest in copying routine procedures to provide basic patient care, supervise patients' exercise routines, transport patients in wheelchairs and stretchers, and supply and empty bed pans; in maintaining inventory of supplies; in reporting or recording fluid intake or output; and in observing or monitoring patients' status and document patient care on charts
Interest in operating medical equipment to take blood pressure, temperature and pulse; in collecting specimens such as urine, faeces and sputum; in administering suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas; and in performing other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff; may perform maintenance tasks such as assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, clean or sterilize equipment, maintain and repair equipment and assemble, set-up and operate equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.