Heating And Cooling Mechanic Helper
EmployerPolar Mobility Research Ltd.
Date PostedAugust 17, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $21.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 25, 2021
Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) Certificate
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Trade Certification
- Transport Refrigeration Mechanic Trade Certification
- Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Completion of high school
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
Coach and instruct apprentices
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Built up (split system)
- Air motioning and circulation
Area of Specialization
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Provide customer service
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Sep 25, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating tools and equipment to assist skilled tradespersons with mechanical, electrical and body repairs of aircraft, railway cars, automobiles, heavy equipment and motorcycles
Interest in comparing information to mix fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides and to load mixtures into airplanes for aerial spraying; in assisting to splice overhead and underground communications and electric-power transmission cables
Interest in assisting skilled tradespersons to repair electrical appliances, small engines and other similar equipment; and to repair, maintain and install industrial machinery and equipment, refrigeration, heating and air-conditioning equipment, elevators, and stationary electric-power generating and distribution equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.