Posted on Sep 14, 2020 by Sunshine Coach Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $35.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 28, 2020
Sunshine Coach Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Lubrication system
- Exhaust system
Experience an asset
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Brake system
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Sep 28, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.