Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerRemwan Carriers Ltd
Date PostedSeptember 09, 2021
Location Rocky View, AB
Earnings $40.00 to $50.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 09, 2021
Remwan Carriers Ltd
Other trades certificate or diploma
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Exhaust system
Experience an asset
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Work Location Information
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Mechanical transmissions
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 09, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.