Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerSureway Construction Ltd.
Date PostedDecember 21, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $45.84 to $47.94 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 52.5 to 63 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 16, 2022
Sureway Construction Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Red Seal Endorsement
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
5 years or more
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Instruct apprentices
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Attach components and adjust new farm equipment
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- In shop
- Willing to relocate
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Power take-offs
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Mechanical transmissions
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 16, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.