Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerGeotech Drilling Services Ltd.
Date PostedMay 10, 2022
Location Airdrie, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $48.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 09, 2022
Geotech Drilling Services Ltd.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
4th Period Apprentice
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Fuel injection system
- Lubrication system
- Cooling system
5 years or more
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Mechanical transmissions
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Disability benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
- Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Free parking available
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 09, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.