Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerTop Dog Mechanical Ltd
Date PostedJuly 22, 2022
Location Beaverlodge, AB
Earnings $28.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Aug 21, 2022
Top Dog Mechanical Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work Site Environment
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Service attachments and working tools
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Fuel injection system
- Exhaust system
- Cooling system
- Air conditioning system
- Lubrication system
- Engine control system
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Mechanical transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Power take-offs
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Brake system
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.