There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerRock Hard Ventures Inc.
Date PostedMarch 06, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 88 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 05, 2023
Rock Hard Ventures Inc.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Welding experience
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Service attachments and working tools
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Red Seal Endorsement
Diesel engine repair specialization
- Fuel injection system
- Exhaust system
- Cooling system
- Air conditioning system
- Lubrication system
- Engine control system
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Powered equipment repair specialization
Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Mechanical maintenance and repair specialization
- Mechanical transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Brake system
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Basic security clearance
- Driver's validity licence check
- Own transportation
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
5 years or more
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.