Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Apprentice
EmployerRocky Auto Electric & Diesel Repair Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 19, 2021
Location Drayton Valley, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $28.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 19, 2021
Rocky Auto Electric & Diesel Repair Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 1st Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Fuel injection system
- Engine control system
- Exhaust system
7 months to less than 1 year
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- In shop
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Mechanical transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 19, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.