Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician
EmployerTrue North Truck & Diesel Repair Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 04, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $40.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 03, 2022
True North Truck & Diesel Repair Ltd
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Air conditioning system
- Fuel injection system
- Engine control system
- Lubrication system
- Cooling system
- Exhaust system
3 years to less than 5 years
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Instruct apprentices
- Welding experience
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Area of Specialization
Engine repair and overhaul
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Security and Safety
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Power take-offs
- Mechanical transmissions
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.