Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician
EmployerTrue North Truck & Diesel Repair Ltd
Date PostedJanuary 13, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 12, 2023
True North Truck & Diesel Repair Ltd
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Work site environment
- Instruct apprentices
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Welding experience
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Verify and repair emission control systems
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
Area of specialization
Engine repair and overhaul
Diesel engine repair specialization
- Fuel injection system
- Exhaust system
- Cooling system
- Air conditioning system
- Lubrication system
- Engine control system
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Powered equipment repair specialization
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Mechanical maintenance and repair specialization
- Mechanical transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Power take-offs
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Brake system
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Drug test
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
3 years to less than 5 years
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.