Posted on Feb 17, 2021 by Wilco Contractors Southwest Inc.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $38.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 to 70 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 19, 2021
Wilco Contractors Southwest Inc.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Air conditioning system
- Engine control system
- Lubrication system
- Cooling system
5 years or more
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- In shop
- Various locations
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Power take-offs
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 19, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.