Heavy Equipment Mechanic
EmployerPark Paving Ltd.
Date PostedMay 12, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.75 to $44.58 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date May 26, 2022
Park Paving Ltd.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Completion of college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
- Completion of high school
Experience an asset
Area of Work Experience
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Instruct apprentices
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- In shop
- Various locations
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- What is your current level of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 26, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.