Heavy Equipment Operator
EmployerAlex Excavating Ltd.
Date PostedOctober 21, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 01, 2021
Alex Excavating Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Ground Disturbance - Level 1 program
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Sub-grade excavating
- Sloping and banking
- Rough grading
- Material handling
- Land clearing
- Fine grading and finishing
- Snow removal
- Stock piling
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Prepare accident reports
- Calculate weight, distance, volume and length measurements
- Complete onboard and other logs
Type of Heavy Equipment Operated
- Bulldozer, large or small
- Backhoe excavator, loader
- Front end loader
Type of Industry Experience
- Residential construction
- Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Operate heavy equipment
- Operate hydraulic pumping systems
- Operate computer controlled equipment
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- John Deere controls
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety vest
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 01, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.