Heavy Equipment Operator
EmployerAlex Excavating Ltd.
Date PostedNovember 07, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 07, 2022
Alex Excavating Ltd.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
Willing to relocate
- John Deere controls
- Operate heavy equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Calculate weight, distance, volume and length measurements
- Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- Operate computer controlled equipment
- Utilize material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Complete onboard and other logs
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- Prepare accident reports
- Secure special attachments to equipment
- Operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- Perform minor repairs to equipment
- Operate hydraulic pumping systems
Type of heavy equipment operated
- Backhoe excavator, loader
- Bulldozer, large or small
- Front end loader
Area of work experience
- Fine grading and finishing
- Haul road maintenance
- Land clearing
- Material handling
- Rough grading
- Sloping and banking
- Snow removal
- Stock piling
- Sub-grade excavating
Type of industry experience
- Industrial/commercial/institutional (ICI) construction
- Residential construction
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety vest
3 years to less than 5 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in operating bulldozers and heavy dredging, paving and surfacing equipment to deepen waterways, reclaim earth fill, lay, spread and compact concrete, asphalt and other surface materials during highway and road construction; and in operating power shovels to excavate rock, ore and other materials from open-pit mines, strip mines, quarries and construction pits
Interest in comparing information to move, load and unload cargo and to clear brush and stumps before logging activities using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
Interest in conducting pre-operational checks on equipment and in cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment, and in building roads at logging and surface mining sites using bulldozers and other heavy equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.