Helper, Metal-Fabricating Shop
EmployerTri-Fab Metals Ltd.
Date PostedJune 09, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $22.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 23, 2021
Tri-Fab Metals Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Lifting device
- Hand tools
- Hand truck
2 years to less than 3 years
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Metal products manufacturing company
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Load and unload vehicle
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Read and interpret work orders
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Large workload
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jun 23, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to clean work areas and equipment; and in loading and unloading vehicles using hand carts and dollies
Interest in operating metal-cleaning equipment such as wheelabrators, deburrers and shotblasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products
Interest in sorting metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.