There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
EmployerA&B Portable Welding Ltd.
Date PostedMay 12, 2023
Location Consort, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $23.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Jun 11, 2023
A&B Portable Welding Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Load and unload vehicle
- Polish metal products to mirror finish
- Read and interpret work orders
Area of work experience
Security and safety
Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
1 to less than 7 months
Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Transportation provided by employer
- Parking available
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to clean work areas and equipment; and in loading and unloading vehicles using hand carts and dollies
Interest in operating metal-cleaning equipment such as wheelabrators, deburrers and shotblasters to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other material from surfaces of metal parts, castings and other metal products
Interest in sorting metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.