Home Child Care Provider
Employerkids without limits
Date PostedMay 12, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 35 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date May 26, 2022
kids without limits
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience with Special Needs Children
- Children who are blind or visually impaired
- Children who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Children with a physical disability
- Children with an intellectual disability
- Children with epilepsy
- Autistic children
- Children with diabetes
- Children who have Tourette's syndrome
- Children with a mental health disability
- Children with allergies
- Children with learning disabilities
- Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Children with asthma
- Children with Down syndrome
- Children with a genetic disorder
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) proficiency test
7 months to less than 1 year
- 5 years
- 1 year
- 3 years
- 4 years
- School age (6 - 12 years)
- Over 12 years
- Kindergarten age (4 - 5 years)
- Up to 12 years
Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Own home
- Employer's home
- Home care and visiting care agency
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Supervise and care for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Help children with homework
Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Vulnerable sector check
Public transportation is available
Work Location Information
Work in employer's/client's home
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 26, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.