There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Home Child Care Provider
Date PostedMay 17, 2023
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 16, 2023
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Work site environment
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Supervise and care for children
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- CPR Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Medical exam
Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
1 to less than 7 months
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting to care for children in employers' residences; and to tend to the emotional well-being of children; may reside in employers' homes
Interest in handling to prepare and serve meals; to prepare formulas and change diapers for infants; and to perform other housekeeping duties; may be required to keep records of daily activities and health information regarding each child
Interest in copying employers' instructions to plan and oversee children's activities such as meals and rest periods; to discipline children according to the methods requested by the parent; to take children to and from school and to appointments; to maintain a healthy environment in the home; and in organizing activities such as games and outings to provide amusement and exercise
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.