Home Support Worker
Date PostedDecember 22, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.85 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 18, 2022
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Mend clothing and linens
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Change non-sterile dressings
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Staff accommodation available
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- What is your current level of study?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 18, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.