Home Support Worker
EmployerBaljit Mahal & Tirath Mahal
Date PostedJanuary 11, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.50 hourly
Work Hours 35 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 25, 2022
Baljit Mahal & Tirath Mahal
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Experience with Special Needs Children
Assistance with mobility
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Between 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs)
- Provide personal care
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Mend clothing and linens
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Collect specimens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Persons with physical disabilities
- Persons with mental health disabilities
Security and Safety
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 25, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.