Home Support Worker
Date PostedMay 31, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $18.85 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 30, 2022
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide companionship
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Plan therapeutic diets and menus
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
- Persons with a disability
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Reference required
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Work Location Information
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Room and board provided
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.