There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Home Support Worker
EmployerCARE AND COMFORT TRUE NORTH
Date PostedMarch 15, 2023
Location Sherwood Park, AB
Earnings $19.00 hourly
Work Hours 37.5 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 14, 2023
CARE AND COMFORT TRUE NORTH
No degree, certificate or diploma
Work site environment
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Room and board provided
- Staff accommodation provided
- Work in employer's/client's home
- Care for pets
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Mend clothing and linens
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide companionship
- Provide personal care
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
First Aid Certificate
- Over 12 years
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Medical exam
- Public transportation is available
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Repetitive tasks
Between 61 and 80 kg (133-176 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Free parking available
- On-site housing options
- Transportation provided by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.