There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk
EmployerThe Ritz Cafe&Motor Inn
Date PostedMay 24, 2023
Location Whitecourt, AB
Earnings $16.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jun 23, 2023
The Ritz Cafe&Motor Inn
No degree, certificate or diploma
Hotel, motel, resort
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Process guests' departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide customer service
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with people to provide information and respond to guests' complaints
Interest in compiling information for preparing and checking daily record sheets, guests' accounts, receipts and vouchers
Interest in operating computerized and manual systems to collect and verify guests' accounts
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.