Hotel General Manager
EmployerStonebridge Fort McMurray Inc.
Date PostedSeptember 23, 2022
Location Fort McMurray, AB
Earnings $65,000.00 to $72,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 23, 2022
Stonebridge Fort McMurray Inc.
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Air conditioned
- Willing to relocate
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Represent the organization, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the organization, in negotiations or other official functions
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Supervise staff
- Recruit and hire staff
- Prepare marketing plans
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Perform front desk duties
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Establish work schedules
- Enforce policies and procedures
- Develop and implement business plans
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations
- Conduct training sessions
- Conduct performance reviews
- Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- More than 20 people
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
Computer and technology knowledge
- Inventory control software
- MS Excel
- MS Office
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- Central reservation system (CRS)
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Valid driver's licence
- Vehicle supplied by employer
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Overtime required
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Client focus
3 years to less than 5 years
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Transportation provided by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to authorize the establishment of departments and associated senior staff positions; to approve overall human resource planning; to co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions and departments; to select middle managers, directors and other executive staff; and to approve promotional campaigns
Interest in organizing the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions; and in formulating promotional campaigns
Interest in negotiating with a board of directors to formulate policies and programs; and in delegating representatives to act on behalf of the organization
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.