Human Resources Officer
EmployerOptimum Truck Lines Ltd
Date PostedNovember 25, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 25, 2021
Optimum Truck Lines Ltd
2 years to less than 3 years
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures
- Supervise personnel clerks performing filing, typing and record-keeping duties
- Review candidate inventories
- Contact potential applicants to arrange interviews
- Identify current and prospective staffing requirements
- Prepare and post notices and advertisements
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment
- Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers
- Organize and administer staff consultation and grievance procedures
- Negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and co-ordinate termination of employment process
- Determine eligibility to entitlements and arrange staff training
- Provide information or services such as employee assistance, counselling and recognition programs
- Collect and screen applicants
- Recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions
- Co-ordinate and participate in selection and examination boards to evaluate candidates
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 25, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking with job applicants to advise them on employment requirements and on terms and conditions of employment, to negotiate settlements of appeals and disputes and to advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures
Interest in preparing and posting notices and advertisements; and in collecting applications
Interest in co-ordinating information to recruit graduates of colleges, universities and other educational institutions and to arrange transfers, redeployment and placement of personnel and staff training; and in co-ordinating selection and examination boards and termination of employment process; may supervise personnel clerks performing filing, typing and record-keeping duties
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.