Posted on Apr 06, 2021 by Black Dog Outfitters Ltd.
Location Tofield, AB
Earnings $30.75 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 8  Vacancies
Closing Date May 06, 2021
Black Dog Outfitters Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Operate and maintain firearms
- Maintain equipment
- Set up and take down camps
- Provide outdoor, wilderness and wildlife instruction
- Prevent legislation violations
- Plan trips
- Escort groups on outdoor sport and recreational trips
- Assemble camping gear and supplies
- Advise on specific regulations such as hunting and fishing laws and boating regulations, follow environmental guidelines and prevent violations
Work Site Environment
- In/on water
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Rural area
- Staff accommodation available
- Room and board provided
- Remote location
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 06, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in speaking to provide instruction for activities such as canoeing, rafting and mountain climbing; and to advise on emergency and safety measures and specific regulations concerning hunting, fishing and boating
Interest in co-ordinating information to plan itineraries for trips and expeditions; to arrange transportation; and to follow environmental guidelines and prevent violations
Interest in handling to assemble equipment and supplies such as camping gear, rafts, life jackets, fishing tackle and food; and in transporting individuals and groups to sites; may prepare meals for groups and set up camps
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.