HVAC (Heating, Ventilation And Air Conditioning) Mechanic
EmployerStar Mechanical Edm Ltd.
Date PostedDecember 16, 2021
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $36.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4  Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 22, 2022
Star Mechanical Edm Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- On-board diagnostics
- Energy conservation
- Computerized monitoring
- Electrical devices
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic Red Seal Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Provide customer service
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Heat pump
- Air motioning and circulation
- Cooling tower
- Humidification and de-humidification system
- Rooftop (self-contained)
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Measure and lay out reference points for installation
- Handle, recover and store refrigerants
- Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices
- Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
- Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Team player
- Client focus
- Medical Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Life Insurance Benefits
- RRSP Benefits
- Vision Care Benefits
- Other Benefits
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure and cut piping and to measure and lay out reference points for installation
Interest in recharging systems with refrigerant, checking and testing regulators and calibrating systems; and in performing routine maintenance and servicing
Interest in analyzing information to repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation and heat-pump systems; and in installing, troubleshooting and overhauling entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.