EmployerSabre Instrument Services Ltd.
Date PostedOctober 14, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $38.50 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 28, 2021
Sabre Instrument Services Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
Install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
- Interpret electrical code specifications
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Oct 28, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to install, examine, replace and repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components, and to install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices
Interest in analyzing to troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
Interest in speaking - signalling to conduct preventative maintenance programs; and in keeping maintenance records
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.