Industrial Mechanic And Millwright
EmployerMTS Machine Tools Servicing Ltd.
Date PostedJune 20, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $55,000.00 to $99,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Jul 20, 2022
MTS Machine Tools Servicing Ltd.
- Registered Apprenticeship certificate
- or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
- Machine set-up
- Machinery installation
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification
- Forklift Operator Certification
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Welding equipment
- Tool grinders
- Pumps and compressors
- Power tools
- Marine engines
- Heat exchangers
- High speed packaging equipment
- Hand tools
- Gas plant and shop compressors
- Gas and air dryers
- Fans and blowers
- Electrical and electronic controls
- Lathes and other machining tools
- Press brakes and metalworking equipment
- Automated and robotic system
- Power transmission system
- Hydraulic system
- Pneumatic system
- Industrial and stationary engine
2 years to less than 3 years
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Estimate costs and materials
Area of Specialization
- Start-up and testing
- Rigging and handling
- Bearing, seals and packing
- Shutdown operations
- Laser levelling/aligning
- Programmable logic controller (PLC)
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts
- Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions
- Installing machinery and equipment
- Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation)
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have education in this field of employment?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and assembling machinery and equipment before installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
Interest in analyzing information to inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions, to adjust machinery and to repair and replace defective parts; and in installing, trouble-shooting and maintaining power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
Interest in speaking with other workers to direct them in constructing foundations for machinery; and in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.