Instructor - Business College
EmployerGlobal Academy of Holistic Leadership and Coaching Inc.
Date PostedNovember 15, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $30.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 20 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Part Time Leading to Full Time
Vacancies 10  Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 15, 2022
Global Academy of Holistic Leadership and Coaching Inc.
- Master's degree
- or equivalent experience
- Business and/or industry
- Community college
- Private training organization or college
- Technical institute
- Language school
- Continuing/adult education facility
- Vocational or technical high school
- Supervise teaching assistants
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
- Prepare reports
- Operate audio-visual equipment
- Serve on faculty committees for budgets, curriculum revision, course requirements, student application review and staffing
- Conduct course and program evaluation or review
- Provide consultative services to government, business and other organizations
- Deliver lectures and presentations
- Demonstrate and supervise laboratory experiments
- Lead discussion groups and seminars
- Train and supervise students in practical shop work session
- Evaluate shop work of students in trades
- Provide assistance to students with special needs
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations and laboratory, shop and field studies
- 1 to 2 people
- 3-4 people
- 5-10 people
- 11-15 people
- 16-20 people
- More than 20 people
- Working groups
- College/University students
- International students
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Project
- MS Word
Teaching format experience
- Tutor/one-on-one instruction
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
Experience an asset
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
Remote work available
Long term benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Team building opportunities
- Wellness program
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to develop curricula and prepare teaching materials, course outlines and examinations
Interest in administering and marking tests and papers to evaluate students' progress and in supervising independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training; may serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements
Interest in instructing students, providing individualized tutoring and advising on program curriculum and career decisions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.