Instructor, Health And Safety
EmployerAll-Canadian Training Institute Inc
Date PostedNovember 10, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $28.00 to $30.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 20 to 100 hours per month
Position Temporary Part Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 10, 2022
All-Canadian Training Institute Inc
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Business and/or industry
- Staff accommodation available
- Staff accommodation provided
- Private training organization or college
- Remote location
- Various locations
- Room and board provided
- Logging sites
- Industrial plant
- Supervise teaching assistants
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
- Prepare reports
- Operate audio-visual equipment
- Conduct course and program evaluation or review
- Deliver lectures and presentations
- Lead discussion groups and seminars
- Train and supervise students in practical shop work session
- Evaluate shop work of students in trades
- Teach students through lectures, discussions, audio-visual presentations and laboratory, shop and field studies
- Instruct apprentices
- Operate gantry cranes to load and unload ship cargo at port side
- Operate bridge or overhead cranes to lift, move and place plant machinery and materials
- Perform pre-operational inspection, and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
Type of cranes
Gantry crane, fixed or limited mobility
Equipment and machinery experience
Type of industry experience
Mines and quarries
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Driver's validity licence check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
- Public transportation is not available
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
2 years to less than 3 years
On the road job
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
Learning/training paid by employer
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to develop curricula and prepare teaching materials, course outlines and examinations
Interest in administering and marking tests and papers to evaluate students' progress and in supervising independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training; may serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements
Interest in instructing students, providing individualized tutoring and advising on program curriculum and career decisions
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.