Instrumentation And Control Engineer
EmployerTR Canada E&C Inc.
Date PostedApril 21, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $85,000.00 to $90,000.00 annually (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date May 19, 2022
TR Canada E&C Inc.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association
3 years to less than 5 years
Area of Work Experience
- Quality assurance or control
- Project planning
- Installation, maintenance and inspection of equipment or facilities
- Engineering professional and construction management (EPCM)
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system
- MS Office
- Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Power Line Systems, computer aided design and drafting (PLS-CADD)
Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers
Area of Specialization
- Scientific or medical electronics
- Plant maintenance engineering
- Electronic test equipment
- Electronics (industrial)
- Electrical machines or transformers
- Data processing and systems
- Power generation, transmission or distribution
- Control system
- System integration
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
Remote work available
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 19, 2022
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to develop maintenance and operating standards and to investigate failures
Interest in precision working to design electrical and electronic circuits, components, systems and equipment
Interest in supervising technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers; and in overseeing the installation, modification, testing and operation of systems and equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.