EmployerCMC Mechanical Ltd
Date PostedSeptember 12, 2022
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $34.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 12, 2022
CMC Mechanical Ltd
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
- On-site customer service
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
- Fabricate and apply removable insulation pads and covers
- Estimate costs and materials
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Manual dexterity
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Safety harness
1 year to less than 2 years
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces, and to install vapour barriers
Interest in operating hand and power tools to measure and cut insulating materials to required dimensions
Interest in fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joints
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.