EmployerSix Star Homes Inc
Date PostedJanuary 08, 2023
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $34.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Temporary Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 18, 2023
Six Star Homes Inc
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Select type of insulation required
- Instruct apprentices
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
- Supervise other workers
- Brush waterproofing cement or other material over insulating materials
- Fabricate and apply removable insulation pads and covers
- Estimate costs and materials
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
- Remove asbestos, ceramic fibres, lead and mould and urea-formaldehyde insulation materials from buildings
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Standing for extended periods
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
7 months to less than 1 year
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces, and to install vapour barriers
Interest in operating hand and power tools to measure and cut insulating materials to required dimensions
Interest in fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joints
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.