Posted on Aug 25, 2020 by Fancy Windows
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $18.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 48 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 23, 2020
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Office building
- Industrial facility or establishment
Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Power tools
- Industrial vacuum cleaners/power sweepers
- Security system
- Carpet cleaning machine
Janitors, Caretakers and Building Superintendents Specific Skills
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Work with minimal supervision
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Perform minor repairs on appliances
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
12959 156 Street NW
Edmonton , Alberta T5V0A2
Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 AM
Oct 23, 2020
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying instructions to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their grounds; to contract tradespersons for major repairs; and to ensure that security and safety measures are in place in the establishment
Interest in operating - manipulating industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse; to sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs; to clear snow and ice from walkways and parking areas; and to cut grass and tend grounds
Interest in making adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems; and in performing routine maintenance jobs and repairs such as painting
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.