Journeyman/Woman Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerNCSG Crane and Heavy Haul Services Ltd.
Date PostedMay 30, 2022
Location Fort McMurray, AB
Earnings $46.18 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3  Vacancies
Closing Date Jul 29, 2022
NCSG Crane and Heavy Haul Services Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
- Air conditioning system
- Fuel injection system
- Engine control system
- Lubrication system
- Cooling system
- Exhaust system
7 months to less than 1 year
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Instruct apprentices
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
- Hydraulic-operated working attachments
- Electric generators
- Cable-operated working attachments
- Telescopic ladder
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Sound discrimination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- In shop
- Staff accommodation provided
- Various locations
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering
- Power take-offs
- Off-road vehicle tires and wheels
- Mechanical transmissions
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Drive trains and final drives
- Brake system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Health care plan
- Dental plan
As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.