Journeyman/Woman Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerDiamond Edge Services 2018 inc.
Date PostedAugust 30, 2022
Location Olds, AB
Earnings $35.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Sep 29, 2022
Diamond Edge Services 2018 inc.
Other trades certificate or diploma
- Instruct apprentices
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Welding experience
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Service attachments and working tools
- Verify and repair emission control systems
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certificate
Diesel engine repair specialization
- Fuel injection system
- Exhaust system
- Cooling system
- Air conditioning system
- Lubrication system
- Engine control system
- Major internal engine repairs or overhaul
- Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Mechanical maintenance and repair specialization
- Mechanical transmissions
- Drive trains and final drives
- Hydraulic transmissions
- Power take-offs
- Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering
- Highway vehicle tires and wheels
- Brake system
Security and safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Driver's validity licence check
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective, and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.