Journeyman/Woman Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
EmployerSuperior North America inc
Date PostedSeptember 20, 2022
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $40.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1  Vacancy
Closing Date Oct 04, 2022
Superior North America inc
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
- In shop
- On-site customer service
- Troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Order parts and maintain inventory
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- Keep maintenance reports and documentation
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Perform repair work on heavy trucks
- Service attachments and working tools
Area of work experience
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working with hand and power tools to adjust equipment and repair and replace defective parts, components and systems
Interest in cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work, and in servicing attachments and working tools such as harvesting and tillage equipment, blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
Interest in analyzing to diagnose faults and malfunctions, using computerized and other testing equipment, to determine extent of repair required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
Each set of 3 interest codes for this NOC group is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.
Compared to my abilities
The abilities related to this job are shown along with your selected abilities.