EmployerRAY-Z PLUMBING AND HEATING LTD
Date PostedSeptember 27, 2021
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $45.00 hourly (to be negotiated)
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2  Vacancies
Closing Date Nov 05, 2021
RAY-Z PLUMBING AND HEATING LTD
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Plumber Red Seal Certificate
- Plumber Trade Certification
- Gas Fitter Red Seal Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
Driving record check (abstract)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
On the road job
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Nov 05, 2021
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.